Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 72 replies 39 participants last post by  Drift-caddy 
#1 ·
Just realized this morning that after autoX last weekend my dash gmeter is holding some new highs:

1.08------.00------1.06

Prior to that the numbers were 1.04/1.01 respectively.

I'm just curious (and pictures should probably back up the claims, mine included) who is showing the highest glevel on their meters?

My picture will follow shortly if anyone is interested - this is just for giggles - nothing more.

Wildwhl

#31 ·
DgtalPimp said:
Rabid -- What makes you think the G-meter is an accurate measurement of G-force on the V?

Dgtal
I guess the reason I think the G-meter is accurate is because I believe the CTS-V uses a precision accelerometer to measure G forces. I have read that the G-Force readings on the G-Tech are very accurate because it too uses an accelerometer; and if GM does use an accelerometer to measure G-Forces, I would think it would be just as accurate. However, just like others have mentioned, you must be on a level surface.

But if the V uses some program to convert yaw angles into lateral G's, then perhaps the readings might not be as accurate.

#32 ·
wildwhl- my kids call em "hot wheels turns", ever since I taped a hot wheels sticker in the window of my 5.0 and showed the kids what a hot wheels car is like for grownups (of course with the V even the kids are not interested in the Mustang).

Devil C- please warn us before you post a picture of your butt-meter reading 2g!
And....how does that meter get calibrated?

Doug

#33 ·
Can the meter be reset? It would be kind of useless if it were not. Ok big deal it shows your highest recording ever but what if you went to the track and wanted to see your best for that day? I have not "played" around with trying to reset it, so if this is a dumb question you can hit me with a stick.

#34 ·
CTSV OWNER said:
Can the meter be reset? It would be kind of useless if it were not. Ok big deal it shows your highest recording ever but what if you went to the track and wanted to see your best for that day? I have not "played" around with trying to reset it, so if this is a dumb question you can hit me with a stick.
Yes, just hold down a button and it resets to 0.

#38 ·
1.27............. .00 .............1.21

At the Porsche Club of America "drivers education" event at the Grattan race track weekend before last. Banked curves taken after fully loading the suspension coming over a hill.

I was the only Caddy there (actually the only American car other than the 3 Z06's) that weekend. The Porsche guys have a whole new appreciation for what is not "your father's Cadillac".

Needless to say I'm in the market for new tires soon.

#39 ·
Mine is..... 1.09............G.............1.05

Anyway, it's fun to compare the G readings here. How many here would actually want to test Gs like the magazines do?

As for those readings, that is for continuous Gs on a flat course.

Many call our readings instantaneous. I call them transitional Gs. It's really the peak momentum of high G turns. Any car with good transitional response, especially with race rubber, can turn exceptional numbers. It's like whiplash. You can spin an object with some heavy rotational forces. But what is more important is how forceful you can spin something while keeping it in control.

That would be the difference between continuous and transitional.

#40 ·
g meter reading...whats yours?

I now have my g meter reading 1.14 on one side :coolgleam :want: :lildevil: . I think its pretty good. Anyone care to share theirs??? Maybe I just think mine is good and I have a bighead :bighead: . So go ahead and let me know what your is.:)

#41 ·
Re: g meter reading...whats yours?

Joey'sVee said:
I now have my g meter reading 1.14 on one side :coolgleam :want: :lildevil: . I think its pretty good. Anyone care to share theirs??? Maybe I just think mine is good and I have a bighead :bighead: . So go ahead and let me know what your is.:)
There was a thread on this back when, don't remember who won.

I've had mine up to warp 9.3, but the damned thing reset when I installed the sub.

#48 ·

1.20 here.

-Chris

#50 ·

Wow, I'm way behind with only .96 to the left and .88 to the right. I guess I need to take her out more often..:D

Bill

#51 ·

Rickerbucks said:
1.22 and 1.17

Achieved at Spring Mountain driving school in Pharump Nevada. Not sure if it was me or one of the driving instrucors that achieved it. OLD beat up run flats at the time.
I'm sure those are your numbers...I mean no way could a driving instructor do that, lol! :histeric:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.