1996 Cadillac STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 1996 Cadillac STS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Considering the age of this car, I would have to say it has served my purposes well. The main reason ...
    1996STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1996 Cadillac STS

Considering the age of this car, I would have to say it has served my purposes well. The main reason I bought the car is for it's lively acceleration as well as the comfort features like power seats with power lumbar and memory presets as well as heated seats. The car has 107,xxx miles on it now after putting 53,xxx miles on it since I purchased it less than 2 years ago. There are three aspects of the car that I would change and those are the structural rigidity and the consistent rattle coming from the speedometer plastice cover. If I go over a bump or a hole in the road, the car seems like it shifts or sways sideways. The last problem area is the persistent water leak into the trunk, that on more than one occasion, has left me stranded with a frozen trunk motor with the trunk lid up. Other than these minor annoyances, I love my Cadillac. I would definitely buy another.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glen90601 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 1996 Cadillac STS

Ditto on the bump steer, my 95STS is the same.

STS127 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 STS

I just got mine a little over a month ago an overall have been very pleased. The things that I like are its responsiveness, I sort of consider my car as a luxury muscle car in a way, the features are nice escpecially for a 10 year old car and I happen to think the styling of it as well. Some improvements could be the previously mentioned bump steer, for me if there is a bump around a turn and if I am going fairly quick I can notice it, the oil issue can sometimes be a little annoying when having to check the oil level every week or two but I guess pouring a little oil in it isn't that much work. If all goes well I may consider another Cadillac after this car, but I'll see how it goes.

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

As a former '96 owner, water condensation in the tails were annoying besides oil consumption .As for the water in the trunk , I think only way to eliminate the problem is to replace the weather strings .
    The styling is outstanding and if you have a clean car then you have a real head turner .
    However I wouldn't leave it unsaid , the quality of the plastic is unCadillac especially door panels , buttons , rear ashtrays .

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I would like to drive a pre-98 STS. I hear such good things about them from this board. I wonder how it would feel compared to the Eldorado.

Dev3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

im not entirely sure if this is the case for u, but with my caddy i had to change a rear spindle to help get rid of the bump shift... again not sure. currently trying to figure out the overheating in mine :/ not fun, hope its not a HG cuz that basically totals the car in my case...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.